TIPS & TRICKS FOR POSTPARTUM RECOVERY
for Mum, Dad & Baby (and some especially for Expats)
Most of it is good to have a look at while you are still pregnant - and especially "Body Awareness" is key in pregnancy already...
- Body awareness for your back's and body's safety - please do this until after at least 3 months after birth (or better for life now ;)
- Activating the fascial tissue of the whole body is very important after relaxing/sleeping/lying down, please do this BEFORE you get up or turn over... stretch yourself like a cat ;)
- When lying down to the turn over four hands
- Before you get up, roll on your side, get your knees closer to you and let your legs fall of the bed so that their weight will easily get you in a sitting position when you use your hand and elbow to support you - protects especially your lower back & neck
- Center for Natural birth and being parents in Munich near Goetheplatz (Zentrum für Natürliche Geburt und Elternsein) with German, English and Spanish support and classes and doula agency https://haeberlstrasse-17.de/en
- A little paradise for pregnant women and mamas & their babies in Neuhausen near Rotkreuzplatz with courses and sessions prenatally & postpartum das kleine paradies für schwangere, mamas & babies - English well spoken, just call! https://www.das-kleineparadies.de
- Lots of info for expats and about having a baby in Germany and aftercare - worth browsing... https://www.german-way.com and https://www.expatica.com/de
- Expat connections, groups, recommendations also in Munich, but worldwide /www.internations.org
- Postpartum massage at home or in the practices 2-12 weeks after birth
- Gentle biodynamic Cranio for Mama & Baby
- Bengkung Bellybinding- I offer it as end of a postpartum massage session or in the postpartum packages, also showing you how to do it yourself then for the next weeks... to get an impression watch these English YouTube Videos "2 Ways to wrap a Bengkung Belly Bind "by New Little Life and "How to easily wrap a Bengkung Belly Bind yourself" by Willow Wisteria- AND the easy, though not so effective German variation on that is the Kaiserschlüpfer, see below. OR also certain three part belts, ask your midwife or me.
- Lomi Lomi Nui as powerful, regenating massage ritual
- Rebozo-Ritual "Putting the bones back together" at your home or my practices
- Homeopathic remedy from your placenta or mothermilk for mum and baby/child: made from a small piece of your own frozen placenta... you can use it for the years to come, perfectly fit for you and your child non-chemical allround medicine made by specialized pharmacies like the Odilien-Apotheke www.apodil.de
- Translate, what your baby wants: www.dunstanbaby.com and at YouTube "Priscilla Dunstan Oprah Show"
- Bonding bath / Babyheilbad after Brigitte Meissner www.herzensfaden.com
- Oil for the recovery of the postpartum belly called Wochenbettbauchmassage-Öl and homeopathy to rebuild strength called Aufbaukur from German midwife Ingeborg Stadelmann in this shop www.bahnhof-apotheke.de/produkte.html
- Helpful stronger support after a Cesarean birth - different models of underwear/pants also for pregnancy and vaginal birth www.kaiserschluepfer.de
- Take that with you to your birth / clinic: nursing pads e.g. MultiMoms or maybe "Silberhütchen"
- Food!! Special nourishing yummy Postpartum packages delivered to your home!! Tested by me... https://mothersfinest.org
- Photos of your pregnancy and your sweet family by mom & photographer Carmen Bergmann, Studio near Rosenheimer Platz and special Lockdown & Newborn shootings! https://bergmann-fotografin-muenchen.de
- Parenting inspiration by lively Carrie Conley : Let's make you feel great about parenting! - English support/newsletter/online classes www.carriecontey.com
- Instinctual Motherhood - Embodied movement - Food is Medicine - Slow Living : Support/Online classes/Club by Centehua Sage www.centehua-sage.com
- The best English books for this time:
- My great book-inspiration for the principles of retreat, warmth, good food, rest, ritual :) "The first forty days: the essential art of nourishing the new mother" by Heng Ou. - :)
- Ina May Gaskin - THE midwife for natural birth tips and stories from her years of midwifery at the Farm: Ina May's Guide to Childbirth: Updated ed. & Spiritual midwifery & more...
"The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions, and Restoring Your Vitality" by Kimberly Ann Johnson
- The best German books for this time:
- All around the postpartum time by a trauma-informed midwife "Alles rund ums Wochenbett: Hebammenwissen für die ersten Monate nach der Geburt" by Viresha Bloemeke
- Baby's first year "Babys erstes Jahr: Alles, was wichtig ist; Entwicklung, Ernöhrung, Pflege, Schlaf" compact info by expert on development, crying and sleep Vivian Weigert. She has her practice in the Zentrum für Natürliche Geburt und Elternsein Häberlstrasse 17 in Munich-Goetheplatz
- Babymassage "Schmetterling und Katzenpfoten: Sanfte Massagen für Babys und Kinder" byMargarita Klein
- Or the classic in English "Loving hands: the traditional art of baby massage" by Frederic Leboyer
- Fitness and closing the Diastasis recti postpartum - trainer Heidi Powell (google her) has some good exercises and tips around, please be really precise and careful, listening to your body wisdom and how you are feeling each day!
My Recommendations for Osteopathy & Cranio in case of major medical problems & trauma (as I am not a naturopath)
- Rosenheimer Platz: Ines Dommaschk Tel. 089-12127990 - Osteopath, Specialist for Mama & Baby
- Ostbahnhof: Maria Mayer - www.maria-mayer-osteopathie.de - Naturopath, physiotherapist, osteopath
- Neuhausen: Sabine Hippel - www.sabine-hippel-osteopathie.de - Naturopath & Osteopath for adults, babies & children
- Goetheplatz: Rainer Kern - www.heilpraxis-kern.de - Naturopath for Craniosacraltherapy & Trauma-Work, Specialists for BabyCranio
- Schwabing: Stefan Mörder Tel.0179-5047949 - Naturopath & Osteopath with focus pregnancy & baby
- Schwabing: Sabine Huber - www.waves-of-health.de - Naturopath & Osteopath with biodynamic focus all around women and babys
- Oberföhring: Stefanie Krisl - www.stefanie-kriesl.de - Practice for Physiotherapy with Osteopathy
- Höhenkirchen-Siegertsbrunn: Anja Hillgärtner www.die-ruhe-in-dir.de - Naturopath & Craniosacraltherapist, Trauma-Work
- near Pfaffenhofen/Ilm: Karen Spradley - www.karenspradley.de - Bodyoriented Psychotherapy. Systemic Therapy for Famillies, Trauma-Work, Craniosacral in pregnancy, postpartum and mama & children